Cook time: 20min
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 -pound bone-in chicken breasts, fillet into 4-ounce pieces
¾ cup apple cider
½ cup half and half
- Melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add cider and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is 165° F. Remove breasts from pan as they reach temperature and allow remaining to finish cooking.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- In the same skillet, boil cider until reduced to about ¼ cup.
- Add half and half and whisk until incorporated. Let simmer 2 minutes. Mix ½ Tablespoon of arrowroot with ½ Tablespoon of water. Whisk into the pan. Turn off heat, continue whisking until sauce is silky and thick.
- Pour cream sauce over chicken and serve.