Chocolate Chia Pudding
Chia puddings have become very popular and are a great source of calcium. However, they can get pricey, so making your own, gives you the same health benefits and enjoyment with a fraction of the cost. Just add the dried fruits and nuts of your choice, all in small amounts to watch the potassium and phosphorus.
Cook time: 30min
½ cup (3 ounces) chia seeds
1½ cups almond milk
1 tablespoon honey
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup blueberries
5 dried apricots
¼ cup almonds, slivered
- Pour the chia seeds into a bowl or jar.
- Add the almond milk over the chia seeds.
- Add the honey, vanilla and cocoa to the bowl. Stir the mixture together with the chia seeds and milk.
- Let the chia pudding sit for 30 minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Divide the chia pudding in 4 small bowls or jars with lids for easy storage.
- Top the pudding with the berries and dried fruit.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe contributed by FamilyCook Productions