Chicken with Peppers and Onions
This recipe showcases chicken strips sautéed to perfection with crisp peppers and onions. This dish pairs well with tortillas or as a side for fajitas or in a bowl atop a bed of rice or lettuce.
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
1½ teaspoons chili powder, divided
½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 onion, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon chili powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Add to the skillet and sauté until browned and cooked all the way through. Transfer to a platter.
- Add the bell peppers and onion to the same skillet and season with the remaining ½ teaspoon chili powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Transfer to the platter with the chicken and serve.