Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
This recipe is the perfect go-to salad for sandwiches, in a tortilla or lettuce wrap, or on top of a green salad. We lightened up this favorite by replacing half the mayonnaise with fat-free, plain Greek yogurt.
½ cup chicken salad on lettuce leaf
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
¼ cup finely diced red onion, soaked in ice water for at least 10 minutes, drained and rinsed (see recipe notes)
¼ cup diced celery
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
1 tablespoon fresh chopped Italian parsley
½ cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
¼ cup low fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
7 iceberg lettuce leaves
Makes: 5 Serving size: ½ cup chicken salad on lettuce leaf
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Rub the oil over the chicken breasts and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165° F using an instant-read thermometer. If you don’t have a thermometer, check that the thickest part of the chicken is no longer pink.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven. When cool, chop into bite size pieces. You will need 3 cups.
5. In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, grapes, onion, celery, pepper, dill, and parsley. Set aside.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, mustard, and lemon juice. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined.
7. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
8. To serve, spoon ½ cup of the chicken salad into the center of each lettuce leaf.