Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
This recipe is the perfect go-to salad for sandwiches, in a tortilla or lettuce wrap, or on top of a green salad. We lightened up this favorite by replacing half the mayonnaise with fat-free, plain Greek yogurt.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
¼ cup red onion, drained and rinsed after soaking in ice water for 10 minutes, finely diced
¼ cup celery, diced
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
½ cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
¼ cup low fat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon style mustard
2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rub the oil over the chicken breasts and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F using an instant-read thermometer. If you don’t have a thermometer, check that the thickest part of the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. When cool, chop into bite size pieces. You will need 3 cups.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken, grapes, onion, celery, pepper, dill, and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, mustard, and lemon juice. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- To serve, spoon ½ cup of the chicken salad into the center of each lettuce leaf.