12 cups water
6 ounces linguine
½ pound chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 tablespoon lemon juice
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
½ pound fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into ½ inch pieces
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shredded
Makes: 4 Serving size: 1 cup
- Boil water in a large pot and add pasta, when boiling, to cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Marinate chicken with lemon juice and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil and butter until tender.
- Add asparagus and chicken breasts. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wine; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Drain linguine and toss with sauteed chicken-asparagus mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Recipe contributed by Satellite Healthcare