1 cup white flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon dried or fresh ginger, grated
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup coconut oil, melted
½ cup agave nectar
1 cup fresh carrots, grated
1 orange, zested
2 tablespoons store-bought frosting, melted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, oats, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the mixture: melted coconut oil, agave nectar and grated carrots, mixing together.
- Add the zest from one orange using a citrus grater.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough into hands and roll into a circular cookie. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Bake until golden, around 10-15 minutes. Let cool.
- If desired, heat store bought vanilla frosting in the microwave for about 15 seconds or until melted and drizzle over cookies for a sweet finish.