4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
4 teaspoons Tabasco® hot pepper sauce
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (or can use canned chicken)
Makes: 16 Serving size: 1/4 cup
1. Set the cream cheese out to soften.
2. In a medium bowl mix cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth. Add 2 teaspoons of Tabasco sauce. Stir until combined.
3. Add the chicken and gently mix. Add additional hot sauce 1/2 teaspoon at a time; taste and continue to add hot sauce to the heat level you desire.
4. Place mixture in a slow cooker for 2 to 3 hours on low heat or bake in the oven at 350° F for 30 minutes.
5. Serve warm dip with tortilla chips, carrots, celery, cucumber, cauliflower for dipping, or make mini roll-ups by wrapping dip inside lettuce or cabbage leaves.
Recipe contributed by Kathleen Field, MS, RD, LDN from FKC