Broccoli Cauliflower Carrot Bake
This recipe creates a delicious and healthy casserole that you can bring to any dinner party. Filled with vegetables full of fiber, it will leave you feeling both satisfied and healthy.
3 cups broccoli
1 cup carrots
2 cups cauliflower
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
Pinch of pepper
1 cup milk
1 cup frozen small onions, whole or 3 medium onions, quartered
1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup soft bread crumbs
Makes: 12 Serving size: ½ cup
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Wash and cut vegetables; steam until crisp but tender. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Blend in flour and pepper. Add milk.
- Cook and stir until bubbly and thick. Reduce heat and blend in cream cheese until smooth.
- Place vegetables in 1½-quart casserole dish. Pour sauce over and mix lightly.
- Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and remaining butter and sprinkle on casserole.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes.
Recipe contributed by Satellite Healthcare