Bell Pepper Turkey Nachos
Nachos are always a crowd pleaser. The twist of ground turkey and mini bell peppers rather than tortillas adds more nutrition and flavor. They are also filling enough to be a full meal!
8 pepper halves
Cook time: 15min
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ pounds (227 grams) ground turkey
1 teaspoon tomato paste
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
12 ounces mini bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, seeded
2 ounces cheddar cheese, low sodium, grated
¼ cup radishes, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Heat 1 ½ tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the ground turkey with the tomato paste, salt, cumin, paprika and oregano until the turkey is fully cooked; about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange the mini peppers in a single layer on the prepared baking tray, cut-side up.
- Drizzle peppers with remaining 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil.
- Fill each pepper with the turkey mixture and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top with radish slices, cilantro, sour cream and chives.
- Serve immediately on the baking tray or platter.