2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
1 large egg
⅓ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
⅓ cup almonds, sliced
⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
Makes: 12 Serving size: 1
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease muffin molds or fill with liners.
- Combine bananas, egg, sugar and oil in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add yogurt and vanilla and mix with fork until smooth.
- Add the flour ¼ cup at a time, with salt and baking soda in between additions.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add almonds and chocolate chips.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes and enjoy.
Recipe contributed by FamilyCook Productions