6 apples (baking variety: Rome Beauty, Winesap, Starr, Jersey Red)
½ cup maple syrup
3 teaspoons margarine
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Core apples, leaving the bottom of the apple solid.
- Pare a 1-inch strip around the middle to keep skin from splitting.
- Place apples upright in a baking dish and pour water to ¼ to ½ inch deep around the apples.
- Fill the center of 1 apple with maple syrup and add ½ teaspoon of margarine and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and cloves. Repeat for the remaining apples.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
Recipe contributed by Satellite Healthcare