Bagel and Schmear with Pesto
Outsourcing your bagel is expensive and hidden ingredients can be problematic. This delicious flavored cream cheese concept can be varied with tomato or anchovy paste in place of the pesto.
½ bagel + 2 tablespoons of spread
Cook time: 2min
½ cup plain cream cheese
1 tablespoon pesto sauce
½ teaspoon chives, finely chopped
2 tablespoons onion, minced
Water (if needed to make the cream cheese more spreadable)
- Slice bagels into halves.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and add pesto sauce.
- Mix well and add water if needed for better moisture.
- Add chives and onions.
- Stir until the pieces are evenly distributed.
- Spread the flavored cream cheese spread onto the selected bagels.
Recipe contributed by FamilyCook Productions