Cook time: 50min
Total: 1hr 5min
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
1¼ cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup poppy seeds
2½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1¼ cups Half-and-Half
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt (optional)
1 cup Confectioners’ sugar
1½ teaspoons lime juice, fresh
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 4 x 9 inches pan and dust it with flour.
- Add butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and poppy seeds to the mixture. Beat again until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt, if desired. Then add ⅓ of the flour mixture into the egg mixture and ½ cup of the half and half. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add in ⅓ more of the flour mixture and another ½ cup of half and half. Mix well.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and half and half. Mix well until all is combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, while you make the glaze.
- To make the glaze, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- When the cake has cooled, pour the glaze around the top of the cake.
- Cut into 15 equal slices. Serve and enjoy!