1 pound Granny Smith apples
1 pound Fuji apples
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cups water
- Peel, core, and dice apples.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes, until apples are very soft and can be easily mashed.
- Mash apples with a fork or potato masher or pulse in a food processor or blender until smooth with desired consistency.
- Let it cool and enjoy warm, at room temperature or chilled.
Recipe contributed by Angela J. Foo, MS, RDN, CDN