1-10 ounce package of shredded carrots (3 packed cups)
Juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (such as canola or extra virgin olive oil)
1 tablespoon honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Pinch of allspice or nutmeg
1-8 ounce can of pineapple tidbits in 100% juice, juice drained
Makes: 6 Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Bring a large stock pot with 12 cups water and shredded carrots to boil. Once boiling, cook carrots until just tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer carrots to a large bowl. Allow to cool.
- To make the salad dressing, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, garlic, ginger, and allspice or nutmeg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add drained pineapple to the cooled carrots, toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over carrots and pineapple, and mix gently.
- Let refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Recipe contributed by Natasha Eziquiel-Shriro, MS, RDN, CDN